18.45.060 Single-unit dwellings and duplexes.
(1) Intent. The purpose of this section is to assure that all single-family detached accessory dwelling units and duplexes meet a citywide standard to conform with the character of existing residences.
(2) Scope. This standard applies to all single dwellings, detached accessory dwelling units and duplex dwellings including: site-built, manufactured, and factory-built not located in approved manufactured home parks. Mobile homes are not permitted within the city of Electric City.
(3) Requirements. Single-unit (detached) dwellings and duplex dwellings shall meet the following conditions for placement:
(a) Foundations. All residential structures must have a permanent foundation that meets or exceeds applicable building code requirements for residential construction. Post and pillar and similar building code approved foundations require skirting compatible with the house design.
(b) Siding. Siding shall be continuous to a height no more than 12 vertical inches above the finished ground surface. Siding materials near the ground are of the same (or similar) material, color, and pattern as siding on other portions of the dwelling. Homes placed on a slope, or which exhibit other unique site-related challenges that make it difficult for the homeowner to comply with this requirement, will be reviewed on a site-by-site basis. All homes should meet the general intent of this provision.
(c) Minimum of one outside hose bib.
(d) Covered off-street parking for two vehicles per single-family dwelling and each duplex unit and one per accessory dwelling unit.
(4) Minimum Square Footage. The minimum square footage is dependent upon zoning district requirements as identified in Table 2, ECMC 18.45.050.
(5) Accessories for Travel. Tongues, trailer hitches, amber lights, and wheels must be removed.
(6) Attached Structures. Attached structures shall meet the city requirements for new buildings. Attached structures for manufactured homes must meet applicable state and federal requirements.
(7) Utilities. A utilities plan identifying the location and mode of all utilities must be submitted to the building inspector. Installation shall comply with all standards required by the city of Electric City. (Ord. 592 § 6, 2022; Ord. 558 § 3, 2019; Ord. 512 § 1, 2016; Ord. 494 § 1, 2015; Ord. 416 § 1, 2009)