18.60.050 Prohibited signs.
The following signs are prohibited:
(1) Signs or sign structures which may pose a hazard to pedestrian or vehicular traffic, including but not limited to signs which obstruct clear vision areas as defined in ECMC 18.45.070.
(2) Signs not in compliance with applicable setback requirements as specified in this chapter.
(3) Signs within or which overhang the public right-of-way except signs installed or authorized by a governmental agency.
(4) Portable signs in the following categories:
(a) Signs on a vehicle parked on public property or right-of-way unless the vehicle is being used for transport in the normal day-to-day operations of a business.
(b) Signs propped up by or leaning against a motor vehicle when such vehicle is parked in the public right-of-way.
(5) Moving signs.
(6) Balloon signs 24 inches in diameter or greater.
(7) Video signs.
(8) Hazardous signs.
(9) Flashing signs.
(10) Signs that appear similar to traffic control devices.
(11) Signs not in compliance with this chapter. (Ord. 466 § 2, 2012)