18.63.050 Planned development design standards.
Planned development shall be in compliance with the following design standards:
(1) Perimeters of the planned development shall maintain all required building setbacks as specified in the applicable zone designation.
(2) The planned development shall be compatible with adjacent land uses and shall not adversely affect the character of the area in which it is located.
(3) Performance standards for the uses enumerated in the planned development shall be evaluated in light of the standards established in the Electric City Municipal Code for the underlying zone.
(4) Population density and building intensity shall be evaluated in light of the densities and intensities permitted in the underlying zone.
(5) All dedicated rights-of-way within a planned development shall be evaluated in accordance with adopted street and utility standards. The location of sidewalks may be varied as deemed appropriate when it is found that the planned development plan provides for the separation of vehicular and pedestrian circulation patterns.
(6) The vehicular movement and parking plan shall be consistent with the existing vehicular movement and shall not create an overburden.
(a) Private streets are permitted. All private streets or roadways shall have direct access onto a dedicated street. Private streets and roadways shall be constructed in compliance with adopted street and utility standards subject to modification with hearing examiner approval. All private streets and roadways shall be designed and maintained to carry emergency vehicles.
(b) Off-street parking spaces and loading areas shall be provided as specified in ECMC 18.45.030. Parking areas shall be designed and constructed according to APWA standards. Parking lots for more than 25 vehicles shall be interspaced with landscaped areas.
(c) The planned development shall be located with respect to existing rights-of-way which are adequately designed to handle the generated traffic without creating additional traffic along minor streets in residential neighborhoods.
(d) Planned developments shall be so located with respect to schools, parks, playgrounds, and other public facilities so as to have access in the same degree as would development in a form generally permitted in the area.
(a) All utilities including electrical lines, telephone lines, and cable TV and radio lines shall be installed underground except for access terminals in residential zones or residential areas of a planned development and commercial zones or commercial areas of a planned development.
(b) Planned developments shall be so located in relation to sanitary sewers, water mains, storm and surface drainage systems, and other utility systems and installations that will be of adequate size to properly serve the planned development and conform to the comprehensive water and sewer plan. (Ord. 517 § 1, 2016; Ord. 416 § 1, 2009)