19.09.070 Procedures for public hearings.
Public hearings shall be conducted in accordance with the hearing body’s rules of procedure and shall serve to create or supplement an evidentiary record upon which the body will base its decision. The public hearing shall be declared open and, in general, the following sequence of events shall be observed:
(1) Staff presentation, including submittal of any administrative reports. The hearing body may ask questions of the staff.
(2) Applicant presentation, including submittal of any materials. The hearing body may ask questions of the applicant.
(3) Testimony or comments by the public germane to the matter. Questions directed to the staff or the applicant shall be posed by the hearing body at its discretion.
(4) Rebuttal, response or clarifying statements by the staff and the applicant.
(5) The evidentiary portion of the public hearing shall be closed and, where applicable, the hearing body shall deliberate on the matter before it. (Ord. 436 § 1, 2010)