6.04.030 License fee and tag.
The license fee shall be established by council resolution. No license fee shall apply to a license for a trained dog guide or service animal as defined in Chapter 49.60 RCW. Such licenses must be obtained by January 31st of each year and, in the event that the licenses are not so obtained by January 31st, or within 30 days of obtaining a dog over six months of age, or within 30 days of moving to the city, shall be subject to a late fee of $10.00. Upon the payment of such license fee to the city clerk and upon being shown proof of a current rabies vaccination, it shall be the duty of the city clerk to issue a license to the party making application therefor. The person licensing a dog shall verify the breed of the dog at the time of licensing and that breed name shall be recorded with the tag number. If the owner has had an electronic chip implanted into a dog or has had the dog tattooed, the owner may present evidence of that chip or tattoo and the registration number of the chip to help identify the dog if it needs to be identified.
(1) The license shall expire on the thirty-first day of December of each year and no license shall be issued to expire at any other time than that date. The license fee shall be paid in full for any year or part thereof.
(2) The clerk shall, together with the license, furnish a suitable tag which shall be worn by the dog for which such license is issued and shall be fastened to such dog in such manner that it can easily be inspected at all times by city authorities. Lost tags will be replaced by the clerk upon a payment of an additional fee as established by council resolution.
(3) It is unlawful for any person, for purposes of securing the license, to falsely represent the breed, age or sex of any dog, or that the dog has been spayed or neutered.
(4) No person may use any license for any animal other than the animal for which it was issued.
(5) It shall be the duty of the clerk to keep a record which shall include the following information:
(a) Names, address and telephone number of any person to whom a license is issued;
(b) Description and name of the dog for which the license is sought;
(c) Whether the dog is a male or female dog and whether the male dog has been neutered or the female dog spayed;
(d) Number of each license issued;
(e) Record of rabies vaccination. (Ord. 545 § 2, 2019)