A low-income disabled and/or senior citizen of a single-family dwelling unit in the city of Electric City shall be eligible for the senior citizen garbage and refuse collection rate under the following conditions:
(1) The rate reduction set out in this chapter shall be allowed only for residential garbage service. These garbage services shall serve a location utilized solely for residential purposes and shall not serve a location utilized for other purposes such as a home occupation, commercial or industrial establishment.
(2) The person claiming eligibility must occupy the dwelling unit as his or her principal place of residence.
(3) The person claiming the rate must be the head of the household for the dwelling unit served.
(4) No person may claim discounted income garbage and refuse collection rate for more than one dwelling unit during the same period.
(5) The garbage account must be in the name of the person claiming eligibility.
(6) The person claiming eligibility for the discounted rate must qualify as follows: the city’s contractor must make the determination as to whether a person is eligible for the senior citizen rate. (Ord. 456 § 1, 2012; Ord. 358 § 22, 2003)