13.25.030 Franchise contents.
Such franchises so granted shall, in addition to other provisions, contain the following provisions:
(1) Each utility shall provide and carry adequate public liability and property damage insurance, naming the city of Electric City as the insured or co-insured, protecting and holding harmless the city of Electric City from any liability or claim arising out of the operation and maintenance of the utility, the amount of such insurance to be provided in the franchise;
(2) The utility shall repair any damages to public thoroughfares or city property caused by the operation and maintenance of the utility, and shall provide a bond for the faithful performance of its obligations, such bond to be in the amount specified in the franchise;
(3) Property and facilities of the utilities shall be constructed, and at all times maintained, in good order and condition;
(4) Payments by the utilities for the city of Electric City for granting such franchises;
(5) Each franchise shall be nonexclusive. (Ord. 456 § 1, 2012; Ord. 44 § 3, 1957)