(1) All landscaped areas required by this chapter shall be permanently maintained in a healthy growing condition in order to accomplish the purpose for which they were required. All fence or wall structures required by this chapter shall be permanently maintained in a state of good structural and aesthetic repair.
(2) Dead or diseased plants, as determined by the city, must be replaced within 30 days of notification, or as soon as practical in regard to freezing weather, or complex situations involving removal and replacement of large trees. Deteriorating fences or walls, as determined by the city, must be repaired or replaced within 30 days of notification.
(3) All plantings must be fertilized, irrigated and pruned at such intervals necessary to promote optimum growth. All landscaped areas shall be kept free of debris and weeds.
(4) The owners, their agents or assigns, are responsible for providing, protecting and maintaining all landscaping material in a healthy growing condition, replacing it when necessary, and keeping it free of refuse, weeds, and debris.
(5) The failure of a responsible person to maintain plantings in compliance with this section shall be deemed a violation of Chapter 1.15 ECMC and shall subject the violator to all the remedies available to the city pursuant to that chapter. (Ord. 464 § 1, 2012; Ord. 416 § 1, 2009)