(1) The city may revoke any animal permit or license if the person holding the permit or license refuses or fails to comply with this title, the regulations promulgated by the city of Electric City, or any law governing the protection and keeping of animals.
(2) Any person whose animal permit or license is revoked shall, within 10 calendar days thereafter, humanely dispose of all animals owned, kept, or harbored by such person and no part of the permit or license fee shall be refunded.
(3) It shall be a condition of the issuance of any permit or license that the city shall be permitted to inspect all animals and the premises where animals are kept at any time and shall, if permission for such inspection is refused, revoke the permit or license of the refusing owner.
(4) If the applicant has withheld or falsified any information on the application, the city shall refuse to issue or may revoke a permit or license.
(5) No person who has been convicted of cruelty to animals shall be issued a permit or license to operate a commercial animal establishment.
(6) Any person having been denied a license or permit may not reapply for a period of 30 calendar days. Each re-application shall be accompanied by a fee as established by council resolution.
(7) Any dog impounded under the provisions of this chapter shall not be released until the owner of such dog shall have paid all fees and charges due and has obtained all required permits, licenses and/or registrations and has complied with any other conditions imposed by the city. (Ord. 545 § 2, 2019)