18.45.050 Development standards.
The building official shall review the measures proposed for compliance with the following development standards and shall approve or conditionally approve a building permit application to assure compliance with the standards:
(1) All uses with the exception of single-family dwellings, duplexes, and permitted accessory uses and home businesses shall comply with the following development standards.
(2) All multifamily dwellings and commercial uses shall comply with the following standard: air conditioning, heating, cooling, and ventilation equipment, pumps, heaters and all other mechanical devices shall be screened. Duplexes are exempt from this requirement.
(3) Access for commercial use to commercial properties must be from public thoroughfares or through adjacent commercial property.
(4) All condominiums and time-share condominiums shall implement an ownership and maintenance program for roads and common areas, if the development is to be sold in units, to ensure a long-range maintenance program for such areas. Such measures shall be reduced to writing and recorded, or entered on the face of a recorded plat or site plan map. Duplexes are exempt from this requirement.
(5) No use shall create a nuisance or hazard, including noise, dust, or threat to air or water quality or to the well-being of the city and the area in which the use is located. (Ord. 512 § 1, 2016; Ord. 494 § 1, 2015; Ord. 416 § 1, 2009)